Tuesday, August 18, 2009

Pratice, Practice, Practice

So, this is what I've been doing for the past 2 weeks.....practicing! My attempt at the log cabin squares were a bit off, so I decided to work on some simple 9 patch squares. Am doing much better with these. I made several sets of these with some fat quarters and fabric I picked up at Joann's. Of course, since I only bought small quantities of fabric I didn't have enough to make anything too big, so I made another bag. I think it turned out cute. Very girly! So, now I'm going to attempt a baby quilt-9 patch style. I've been working on cutting my squares and hope to start sewing them together tonight.
I even got adventurous and added some pockets, though my quilting is just some zig zag stitching between each of the squares.













So, now I'm off to finish my cutting and start my sewing.
Susan




No comments: