Monday, September 22, 2008

Weekend Finishes



I had a productive stitching weekend. Saturday after church the family and I went to a local Church carnival. They always have a flea market inside and I managed to pick up Jane Eaton's The Complete Stitch Encyclopedia at a steal. All books were 3 for $1.00. Sure can't beat that price. Later that night I managed to get my Carpenter's Wheel, cross stitch quilt square, finished. After that I began stitching on Susan W.'s RR. She asked that I stitch 2 bands on her Secret Garden [by Carol Tinson] sampler. She had a few color changes, but I think it turned out nice.
I needed my daughters' help to the post photos of the finished pieces. Am slowly learning how to do all these computer/blog things:) So, now I'm working on my Lizzie Kate exchange piece. I'm stitching "Love Is Best" and plan to use it to cover a small box I picked up at the craft store over the weekend. Vonna has some wonderful finishing ideas and I plan to use them for this exchange.



Today I mailed Lillie her Halloween mailart exchange. This was the first time I had ever stitched a mailart envelope. It was neat to see the finished project. As you can see my daughter took pictures of the front and the back for me. I have signed up to do two more of these exchanges, both with a Christmas theme. I can't wait to go through my stash and pick out the fabric and charts to stitch.



3 comments:

Lillie said...

Wow! what a beauty. Am so looking forward to its arrival.

SueFitz said...

Love the look of the quilt block where did you find that pattern.

Unknown said...

Sue, the quilt block pattern is from the Leisure Arts book, "Timeless Ornaments" published in 1995. I got lucky about 10 years ago and found a bunch of these hardback cross stitch books at the dollar store and bought one of each that they had.