Friday, November 27, 2009

Another Quilt Done!

Here's my 2nd finish of 4 items that were on my Joy in the New Year Challenge -to be finished list. This pattern came from the origianl ORB quilt a along...my 2nd quilt using this pattern, though I still need to quilt that one:) Small steps, one at a time.... This one got priority over the 1st one because it's for my husband. I pieced the back using the left over block I had and some of the other fabrics I used in the front.

On another note I got a part time job at Joann's. I started there a week ago....hopefully, I don't spend my entire paycheck there:) I did pick up some more batting today...50% off! You can't beat that, plus I needed more if I'm to complete the other 2 quilts for the challenge. I think I'm going to baste the XMAS quilt I made using Mary Engelbert's The Caroler line next. I also am going to try using an Ikea sheet for the backing...I've read on several blogs that Ikea sheets are great for backings. I found the perfect red sheet and it was only $4.50. Cheaper than fabric by the yard. But that'll have to wait till the end of next week since I work monday through wednesday at Joann's, plus a full week at my regular day job.
Till next time,
Susan
P.S. GO check out the Sew & Tell Friday receipes or finishes

11 comments:

Leslie said...

this quilt is so pretty. i keep meaning to give the pattern a try. i even have a whole stack of solids waiting to be used for this one. the colors of yours really stand out. very pretty. good luck on the job at joanns...that would be the end of me. all the fabric at your fingertips all the time....sounds decadent

SueWis said...

This is beautiful! Your husband will love it.

Karen said...

Way to go - 2 down, 2 to go.

Vicki @ DottyJane said...

The colors are great especially for a guy. He'll love it! I'd never make a cent working at Joann's:)

Lainey said...

Another beautiful quilt, congratulations on your new job!

QuiltyBee said...

Stiking colors! I find working at a fabric store helps me just enjoy the fabric without needing to own it! Hope you can get there too!

Kimberly Tripp said...

beautiful quilt! 2 down 2 to go :)

Brigitte said...

Very beautiful quilt. And a very interesting back. I have to keep this wonderful idea in mind.

Sara said...

That is a very pretty quilt - I have got to try that pattern - it seems so simple...yet comes out awesome.

Rene' said...

Great quilt!!! Congrats on being able to mark one more off your list. Thanks for sharing.

Robin (RsIslandCrafts) said...

Your quilt came out great! Nice color combos.