Friday, September 28, 2012

Bee Blocks Put Together

I finally had some off time recently and managed to work on the pile of bee blocks I had laying around. The first quilt I put together was my Patriotic Asterisk Quilt. These blocks are from July 2011. I ended up with 10 blocks and not enough fabric to make any more, so the extra will be added to the back of the quilt. I bordered all the blocks with Kona white, the red star fabric, and a blue geometric fabric. I really like how it turned out.  
 The second quilt top I put together is my daughter's Wonky Star Quilt. These blocks came from two different bees and I still have a small pile left, which I may use on the back of the quilt. I still need to pick out a border daughter's thinking aqua's/blues. I'm thinking maybe some green, so we'll have to wait and see.
Next up is my 3 x 6 bee block quilt[ pictures to follow once it's sewn together]. I have 20 blocks in  gray, green, and white. I started to sew the blocks together but ran out of time, so hopefully on my next day off I'll be able to finish putting that quilt top together. It sure is nice to see these blocks coming together. Once the pile is turned into tops I'll need to focus on the quilting:)